Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Silver car & police car

My wife bought my son a police car. It looked gorgeous. My son loved it.
When we were in Taipei, his cousin also loved it. You know what happens when two kids both want the same car. We've decided not to let him take it back to Taipei again.

Because my car is a silver one, my son also pays extra attentions to the silver toy cars. Luckilly I have two Cryslers (from job affairs) and a mini van (TOMY brand). Besides, he also loves blue cars.

If you have seen cars (the movie), then you know that there is a leading car in the race which is yellow. My son thought that was a taxi. (爸爸, 你看, 黃色的計程車). There are many on the street as well. My wife said, everyday when they both go out to the market, my son would say "Let's go buy a taxi" (媽媽, 我們買計程車; 好, 如果有看到就買). They are actually not easy to see as toys. We still don't have it.

But one day my wife was in the market by herself while I stayed home and my son still was sleeping. She found a silver car (1/36 size). It was an MR2. She also brought back a dump truck with an excavater on top. From then on, the MR2 share the glory with the police car. They would be kept next to my son's pillow when he goes to bed. Neither of my wife and I could touch them (爸爸, 不要摸, 用看的)

Last Sunday, while we were practicing Messiah again, my son was playing with his MR2. It suddenly fell off the bench and broke its rear head light. I got the broken piece that fell out and told him that we're going to fix it after we get home. (爸爸, 我們回家; 現在還沒有要回家) Somehow he changed his mind from waiting to get his MR2 fixed. What I heard from him was to buy a new one instead of keep it. (爸爸, 舊的不要, 我們買新的)

After that event, this MR2 is longer staying with him when he sleeps. He even doesn't play with it any more. The rear head light was glued back firmly, but it his mind, it's longer his favorite car.

There are 3 levels of cars in his world of toy cars from our observation. 1st level cars are only allowed to be played by him and can stay with him. The 2nd level cars are only allowed to be played by him but they stay in the bedroom, not next to him. The 3rd level cars can be played by anyone and where they stay when he goes to bed is not his business.

I witnessed one once loved with whole heart, fell down to being ignored completely. It reminds me of Woody replaced by Buzz lightyear and never gets his place in his owner again. I keep imagine how sad that MR2 would be if it has feelings.

Recenlty he keeps saying that he wants a mouse car transporter. I think his dream won't come true very soon.

No comments: