Friday, May 11, 2007

Why we should not buy from Samsung

Why we should not buy from Samsung
為什麼我們不應該買三星的產品

Many of us have heard about why we should support our own products instead of those made in Korea.
許多人都聽過有關拒買韓貨的言論

Based on my experiences with Samsung, at least I won’t touch another product sold by them anymore.
根據我自己和三星交易的經驗, 至少我不會再想買任何三星的產品

In 1999 I made my first purchase for a TV/VCR combo from Samsung. It lasted 2 years and then couldn’t show any images on the screen. I got disappointed with the quality since then and started to become very cautious so I would avoid another such purchase.
1999年時, 我第一次買了一台三星牌電視錄影機二合一, 兩年後那台電視看不到畫面了, 當時對三星的品質大感失望, 之後就很小心避免再買到三星的產品

After these many years, Samsung seem to have enhanced the quality of their products. It was due to the great support by its own government. This year (2007), I finally decided to buy another product from Samsung. It was because they promised to give out a free cartridge when you buy a ML-2010 laser printer. To me it was a very attractive idea. To be eligible for a free cartridge, you have to fill out an online form, send it out through network, print it out, and attach the receipt and fax it over.
過了幾年, 三星似乎在品質有很大進步, 其中一個原因是國家政府大力支助, 今年(2007年)我又決定買另一個三星的產品. 這次他們賣雷射印表機(ML-2010款)送碳粉匣, 我被這個活動吸引, 於是買了一台. 要得到免費的碳粉匣, 需要上網登入資料, 並寄送出去, 還要印出來, 貼上發票(影本), 然後傳真給他們.

After the process, I had no way to verify whether they have received what I submitted, so I emailed them to make sure, but got response back only after a few days and mentioned that they only contact you when a problem is encountered. They also told me that the cartridge should be sent out in a month. So I waited another two months, but still couldn’t hear anything about the cartridge. This is when they finally told me that I did not fax them the form. After a few times “I am sorry” from them, this is pretty much the end of the whole story.
經過一連串冗長的過程, 我無從得知他們是否成功收到我的傳真, 於是寫了電子信件給他們, 經過數日後, 才得到他們的回應說, 如果有問題才會通知我, 所以我就繼續等了二個月才又聯絡他們, 因為我還是沒有收到碳粉匣, 這次他們告訴我說我並沒有傳真給他們, 講了幾次對不起, 就這樣把我打發了

The event was due on 2/28/2007, and I bought the printer on 2/27/2007. Imagine this, in order to finish the process that would allow me to wait for the free cartridge, I took a picture of the receipt, modified the contrast and brightness with photoshop, attached the print out on the printed out form which was fill out just before. And then suddenly I stopped without sending it through fax. Can you believe this? Because Samsung kept telling me that I did not finish the last process of faxing the form. They didn’t even think about whether their employees simply lost the faxed papers.
活動在2/28/2007結束, 而我是在結束前一天才買到的, 回想為了能得到免費的碳粉匣, 我把發票照了相, 用photoshop修改亮度和對比, 然後貼在事先印好填入資料的表格上, 接著我就停止一切相關動作, 不繼續做傳真的動作. 你相信此事嗎? 因為三星一直告訴我我沒有完成傳真的動作, 他們甚至不會想到員工遺失傳真文件的可能性

I admire their ways of fooling people around. Why should I buy another product from when first, they don’t have a superior quality than ours and second, they don’t like to keep their promises?
我很敬佩他們愚弄人心的方式, 請問, 當三星在品質上沒有比我們的國貨好, 而且他如此不守信用, 我為何有可能會再購買三星的產品?

No comments: