Monday, September 11, 2006

Well done, Samuel

My working machine was out of order this morning, so I asked the MIS people to fix the problem. Meanwhile, I couldn't do anything because my implemented codes were all in that machine.

Other coworkers suggested me to sync the codes to another machine so when the similar situation is encountered, I could still work on the other machine and won't have to suffer from the waiting.

Once my machice was back to order, I wrote a serial commands to sync the codes. What was missing was that I thought I successfully logged into the backup machine, but I wasn't. When I ran the commands and deleted the codes from the particular folder, I actually removed all original codes from my working machine instead of my backup machine.

What a disaster! I spent another 3 hours to restore what I have implemented for the last few days. Gladly I still had them in my mind.

I really hope this "well done" job would not be done again.

No comments: