Monday, July 17, 2006

core dump

I never knew what this meant before I started to work. But the coworkers seem to be either serious about the situation when it comes to this term or they would make jokes about it.
After 1.5 years of working as a software engineer, now I am quite familiar with it and deals with it almost everyday.
To be more exact, it is an segmentation fail. When this happens, your program failed out of your expectations. If your customer encounters this while running your program, things could go very ugly. You should by all means try to avoid this to take place in any matters.
To look back, I still wonder why I am here dealing with potential core dumps and quality assurance of codes as well as writing codes. I don't even have any degree of computer science. Well, I guess God has his plan on me and leads me here for some reason. And, I am working happily here so far. the only thing that concerns me is that I have to look at the monitor everyday for hours. I hope my eyes and my body would get enough rest from this continuous pose.
Just got many tasks worked out and I am going to relax myself a bit.

sam

No comments: